Saturday, June 6, 2015

Back to the Blog....

I'm Baaaacck.....

    I absolutely cannot believe that it's been almost 3 years since my last blog! 
    That's how busy I've been. The time has escaped me.
    There's way too much great stuff that's happened to possibly catch you up on everything I've been up to, but here are a few highlights....
     I've had a couple of grandchildren born since I last posted. Both girls. One is actually in her terrible twos, she's probably terrorizing her Mom and older sister as we speak. 
     The younger one was born late last year and I have yet to meet her...I only have pictures. Hopefully, this summer I will get the chance to spoil her a little.
     My children are doing well. My oldest just turned 25 and my youngest will be a senior in high school this fall. It  makes me feel really old at times, but it is a constant joy to see how they acquit themselves on life's journey. They are all smart, thoughtful, loving children and I am proud of each of them.

      As most of you probably know, my debut novel was released in the fall of 2013. It's been a slow climb and I'm still working hard to get it in front of a bigger audience...If you haven't read it, it's new to you, right? 
      If you have read it...I thank you! Please tell everyone you know....Hell, tell everyone you don't know, as well. I need all of the help I can get.
     Since then, I have been working feverishly on new material. I have short stories sent out all over hell and gone to magazines so hopefully one or two of them will get out to you soon.
     The first draft of my next novel is done and is resting peacefully in The Cloud for a bit to give me some time away before the rewrites begin. With a little luck and a lot of begging I hope to have it out and in your hot little hands by 2017. 
     In the meantime I am working at editing my first poetry book and hope to have it out some time next year. I have a few of the poems posted here and on my Facebook page...So, if you're interested you can check them out. 
                                     (I'll post links to all of it at the bottom of this page.)
     Please forgive my shameless self promotion, BUT, if I don't do it your Mom sure as hell won't.
     
      So, that's it for my first post...I just wanted to get back in the groove and catch up. My plan is to post new stuff every Thursday, or every other Thursday, so you'll have something new to complain about going into the weekend. So please, keep an eye on this space...It's about to get interesting......



Facebook
New Article on The Writer's Bone website
Guest Blog-Anne Leigh Parrish
Sierra Court Blues





No comments:

Post a Comment