Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Random Synaptic Flatulence

Back at the blog!!

   This is my first post in over a month and according to Robert Brewer (his name is NOT Bob), I should be ashamed of my silly self. In doing research for the creation of my artists platform, I discovered his blog and have found some solid advise on how to do this. One of the things he stresses is that my blog should be consistent. Once every other day or once a week, on time, every time, onward into infinity.
   Now the next thing, to get followers, I need to engage in social media i.e. Facebook and Twitter and comment on things and invite friends to read my blog. This little experiment with my friends on Facebook has failed miserably (except for two good friends-and God bless both of you!!) My random musings just haven't cut the mustard. I don't really know what people were expecting to see but it obviously wasn't what was there.
   So, WTF do I do?
   I joined Twitter at the urging of Mr. Brewer and started following literary types, musicians, my favorite comedians, etc. It's only been a couple of weeks so I'm going to say the jury is still out. I did manage to attract two followers that first week. A indie music producer in Canada (shout out to B-Ry) and a German winemaker. That's right, kiddies, a German winemaker?!? I don't know how. I don't know why. Perhaps my unique sense of humor tickles the Teutonic funny bone. I don't know, but I'm grateful to have them, (now if I can talk them into sending me a sampler we'll be in business!!!)
   So, now my next task is to get this blog on track. Which would be just fan-freakin-tastic if I had any crazy  inkling on what to do with it.
   Posting poetry isn't getting it. Talking about my journey as a writer isn't getting it (but, hell, I'm going to post this anyway) I tried to get some friends (musicians and poets) to share this space and post whatever they were doing. Nobody bit. I then tried to get a photographer friend to send me stuff to help give her a forum. (Not that it's much of a forum). But she wasn't digging it, either.
   Now what?
   I know no one wants to listen to me complain, (like now). But I am at a genuine loss. I thought about reviewing my daily grind, but that's part of what bores the hell out of me about Facebook. I mean really, I could give a shit less about what you're fixing for dinner. I'm certainly glad that you're able to afford to eat but I don't need the details.
   That said, no, I can't pinpoint the exact moment when I got to be a grouchy old bastard, though, I think it was more of a gradual evolution than a paradigm shift.
   But along this route I think I may have actually found my niche....bitching! I mean, hell, Andy Rooney ended his long and storied career closing out the 60 minutes broadcast with one of his rants. If I didn't watch any of the rest of the broadcast I tried to tune in and see what he was on about.....So.....
    Maybe that can be the gig for this blog. My rants and raves for the week!! The more I think about it the more I like it. Even if no one reads the damn thing, I'll feel better. I think my wife and kids might like the fact that I have a place to vent without having to bend their ear.
   This just might be a win-win.
   It won't distract or take away from my novels or poetry and can double as a great writing exercise as I try to put a well written spin on whatever is stuck in my craw.
   I really think this might have some legs, folks. It's worth a shot!
   Stay tuned..........................................

No comments:

Post a Comment