Sunday, August 12, 2012

Update or A New Screaming Bag of WTF??

   Hey all,
   It's been a few weeks since my last post. I have been so caught up in the excitement of getting my book published I've been slacking in other areas.
   My blog being one of them.
   I (always) have a hell of a time trying to figure out what I want to write about each week. Because- A) I don't think any of you want to listen to me bitch about stuff and- B) I don't want to seem egotistic by talking about myself a lot.
   I'm not really that bloody interesting, anyway.
   So what does that leave?
   Me bitching about how I don't want to appear egotistical.....OK that's just not going to cut it....
   I could go on about politics and piss EVERYBODY off.
   But no, that's hella boring.....
   I could write something about the Olympics but aside from a passing infatuation with Kerri Walsh Jennings, I really haven't been paying that much attention....mostly because I was pissed that NBC screwed me out of seeing the Judo and Boxing.
   They also need to make MMA an Olympic sport so they can stick it on @ 1am on a Tuesday for everyone to miss!!
   Now, I know, I should have DVR'd it if it meant that much. The problem is, the only programming note you had is...."Still to come...." Which meant anything from 5 minutes to three days....So, it's kinda hard to put a time stamp on that....
   I know, I know, bitching again......Sorry.......
 
   I haven't really had any quiet moments of revelation this week. Or, if I have, I've just been too damn busy to notice. I've been cramming work in on the book in every calm moment I can find. I'm almost done with the second draft and I want to get it done before I have to start the re-writing stage with my editor.
  Really, I'd like to have a week or two away from it before I start the re-writing process, to refresh my batteries. I want the book to be as good as it possibly can be and I realize that after staring at this second draft for the better part of a year, I need to leave it be for awhile and give my brain a chance to re-boot and re-group so I can put the final draft together with all the nuance and verve it deserves..........

   I hope all of you have a good week....I'll see you soon........

No comments:

Post a Comment